Located ‘deep south’ - Sri Lanka’s Buckingham Place puts the fisher and farmer village of Rekawa firmly on the ‘must visit’ list, whether for an entire vacation or for those passing through.
Expect something a bit different. Fairly contemporary in design, but not sterile, stylish though not slave to it and, interactive in the true sense of the word.
This sleepy, out of the ordinary, out of the way place lacks only the madding crowd and a rapid laundry service!
Overlooking Rekawa’s tranquil lagoon, eleven special bedrooms & suites are just moments away from a long stretch of deserted Indian Ocean beach. By day – explore our environs by canoe and bicycle; Why not take a stroll or an early morning jog along the beach, or laze with a good book by the Turtle Point rock-pool? At the end of your hectic day then perhaps you’ll return - for sundowners and our mouthwatering menu!
When the day is finally done just relax into the ambient comfort of a great room – each has A/C, a lagoon view from its own veranda or balcony - upon which you could plan your next day in paradise!
Recently opening our gates to acclaim, competitive soft-opening rates provide a rare chance to combine superb levels of comfort and hospitality with unrivalled affordability.
Open Air Pavilion Restaurant & Soft Area
- Eclectic Menus changing daily
- Sri Lankan
- Old fashioned ‘Standards’
- Innovative & Original
- Something for Desert Lovers!
- Breakfast served until 1pm!
- ‘Feast Menu’ for 4 or more (by arrangement)
- Special diets including Gluten free/Vegetarian (by arrangement)
- International Wine, Cool Beer, local & foreign liquor 10am until midnight (except religious & public holidays)
- Easier Access ramp & bathroom
- Intimate capacity 24 – 30
- Exclusive catering for Breakfast, Brunch, lunch and dinner parties (reservation essential)
- High Chair
- Non- resident guests welcome (reservation essential)
During a fascinating journey south you’ll pass through the towns, villages and sandy bays which make up the south-west coastline. With tourist areas behind you, the reason to fly half-way around the world will become apparent - as you arrive at Rekawa and at the gates of Buckingham Place…
Nestled between a deserted Indian Ocean beach and Rekawa Lagoon our location in this rugged village is sheer spectacular. The stunning beach - a treasured eco-gem, provides safe nesting for up to five species of sea turtle, while in the other direction, magnificent birdlife is amply protected by lagoon mangroves and the wildlife rangers. At times brimming with prawns and crab, the flourishing lagoon provides vital income for the surrounding villages and, a place for you to explore.
Whether you yearn for close proximity to nature or total relaxation, we’ll value your reason for visiting Rekawa and welcome you warmly.
All Suites & Bedrooms come with...
- Air Conditioning
- Lagoon View
- Telephone for ‘out & about’ days
- Balcony or Veranda/outdoor furniture
- 6ft x 6ft 6” fixed double bed
- Spring Mattresses/Quality linens
- Bathroom Shaver Point
- Shower and bathtub (2 rooms shower only)
- Iron and ironing board (available)
- 230v electricity (3 pin sockets)
- Picnic Menus!
Several Suites & Bedrooms also have...
- Satellite TV
- Open Air Bathroom
- Superior balcony View
- Annex room
- Extra furniture
- Baby Cot available FREE
- Extra bed available @ $45
The hotel has its own swimming pool and there is a quiet rock-pool only a short walk along the beach.
Additional Villa Notes
Buckingham Place welcomes accompanied kids but is unable to offer special facilities such as swimming pool water-slides, toys and playpens - nor can we entertain them for you! Chef will do his best to feed them – even if they’re fussy and up to two kids (below 14) can be accommodated in several of the suites. Each extra bed is charged at US$45 per night but we can provide a free baby cot (by arrangement) if you bring the bedding and we have a high chair at the restaurant.Important notes:
- Our pool is one depth only - 1.2m
- The hotel is blessed with abundant jungle wildlife such as monkeys
- We allow our wild pony and friendly dogs to roam freely